Sunday, March 8, 2009

PR Done Differently - God's Way!

Hey Gang,

Yes, I know it's been a minute since my last blog. I have been crazy busy and extremely excited by what God has allowed us to work on and be apart of. It all started with what I'll call a "career dilemma."

During the month of December, as we're closing out the year and deciding whether to retain the current roster of clients or begin pitching for new ones, I had the urge to pray for the Lord to show me the next move. The recession had some of my collegues running scared, closing down shop, getting fired and seeking strategic partnerships. Many in our industry were frightened. I must admit I was unsure for a brief moment, then reality hit me and I knew I had to maintain my spiritual foundation.

We had terrific clients, but something made me feel as if "newness" was right around the corner. We weren't directed to pitch, so we just waited to see what God had in store.

Remember, although a PR firm, we do things differently. Praying is BIG around here.

Well, before we knew it, we had four (4) new clients and each project required us to up our game on all levels. The funny thing is, we've noticed that previous experiences and projects had prepared us.

Three months into the new year and God has proven just as committed to this firm now as He was when we started nine (9) years ago. I'm so glad, because without His guidance, peace and desire to love on His children I may have turned into a crazed basketcase like many of my collegues.

No comments: