Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Fashion Week is Here!!!!!!

Ok Gang,

For those of you who don't know, I look forward to Fashion Week twice a year - February and September like a kid waiting by the Christmas tree on Christmas morning. As a little girl, it was my dream to go to F.I.T. - Fashion Institute of Technology, but my mom who was a single parent just couldn't afford it. Fashion has always had a healthy hold on me. I guess the desire is still in me because for the past 5 years, I have gone to Fashion Week faithfully - in the front row. It's fast-paced and exciting and sometimes the swag bags are amazing.

It's difficult, but when you get the opportunity to go back stage, watch out 'cause, "It's a Different World." Oftentimes, it was work and I would take clients, expose them to the experience, and also introduce them to some of the reporters, designers, photographers and models.

Well, this year I am going as press. I'm the Gospel Entertainment writer for a business/entertaninment/entrepreneur magazine, however, the same publisher has just appointed me Editor-in-Chief of her new fashion magazine. Unfortunately, I can't share the name with you just yet, but it s FIYA and definitely needed in the industry.

Fashion Week runs from September 5-12, so check back with me as I share some tid-bits of the the days exciting events. Believe me something is always going on; things not shown on TV. I'll try to give you scoop without giving away my story for the magazine.

Also, If you go and want to share your experiences, please feel free.

No comments: